I have seen a lot of pages and blog posts describing what developers and designers use daily to perform their work. Because it has been a while since I’ve pushed any updates to my blog.. I decided to write my own blog post listing the software and hardware I use.
- Visual Studio Code AKA Code is my current code editor. Previously I was using Atom.. but there was a particular feature that made me switch after trying it a few times…. What was that feature ? Well.. I was able to move the file explorer to the right side of the window. It was that simple. After that I started to enjoy it.. and I ended using it permanently.
- I use Hyper as my terminal.
- Sketch for UI and design work and I’ve been using - Abstract for keeping my work files under version control.
- I backup my files with Dropbox and Google Drive for my photos.
- I use Airmail for emails, Evernote for taking notes, Tomato One for Pomodoro, Rescue Time for keeping track of my computer usage.. and together with the amazing Gyroscope I can track A LOT about my activities 🙀
- Macbook Pro 15” 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB.
- Mac Mini 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with 8GB.
- Dell UltraSharp UP3216Q.
- Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse. I was tempted a few times to buy the Trackpad..
- iPhone 7 Plus. Since I’ve moved away from Android a few years ago.. I’ve been tempted by a few devices (i.e. Google Pixel) but I’ve been loyal to the iPhone family.
- Apple Watch (Series 1). This was a controversial purchase. I don’t love it.. but I can’t live without.. 🤔
- iPad Pro 10.5”.
Other interesting “Uses” pages
If you like this kind of post, here’s a list of way more interesting persons “Uses” pages: